“Tira mi su” – lift me up!
This is how the delicious dessert of Italian cuisine – tiramisu – is translated.
It has an amazing contrast of taste from sweet cream to bitter coffee.
As part of our weekly column «#marelucci_recipes», we happily share the recipe for the classic Italian tiramisu.
How to make Tiramisu:
- mascarpone cheese – 500 g
- coookies “Savoyardi” – 1 package
- chicken eggs – 4 pieces
- wine “Marsala” – 40 ml
- sugar – 100 g
- vanilla sugar – to taste
- strong espresso – one cup
- cocoa powder – to taste
- crushed pistachios
- Beat the glair into a thick foam. For a stronger foam, it is advisable to add a bit of powdered sugar at the end of beating. The density of whipped glair will determine the liquidity of the cream.
- Grind yolks with sugar powder.
- Add mascarpone and stir thoroughly (easier with a large fork).
- Add the glair by spoons to the cream and mix gently.
- Mix cold espresso with wine.
- Dip each biscuit in the coffee mixture for 5 seconds and put it in the form.
- Put half of the cream on the savoyardi. Put the second layer of cookies soaked in coffee. Put the remaining cream on top. Top with cocoa and pistachios.
- Put the tiramisu for 5-6 hours in the refrigerator. During this time the cream will thicken.
Buon appetito! 🙂