Skip to content
- The leaders of two anti-establishment parties have each claimed they have the right to govern Italy, after voters in Europe’s fourth-largest economy did not return a majority to any single party.
- Kim Jong-un has hosted a dinner for senior South Korean delegates – the first time officials from Seoul have met the young leader since he took office in 2011.
- An aid convoy with urgently needed supplies has reached the rebel-held Eastern Ghouta area of Syria, for the first time since mid-February.
- Angela Merkel has said it is important that a new government gets to work quickly after the longest period of coalition-building in post-war Germany.
- Police in Iceland have arrested 11 people suspected of stealing more than 600 computers that were being used to mine crypto-currencies.
- The 90th Academy Awards saw Latin American artists and films take home some of the most coveted Oscars.
- China has announced a military budget of 1.11 trillion yuan (175 billion dollars) for the coming year.